Prudential Associates understands that every business lives and dies through its brand and reputation. A company’s brand is an extension of its very meaning in the marketplace; it’s the first thing that comes to the mind of every consumer who gives that company or individual legitimate consideration.
An organization’s reputation, in essence, is a representation of worthiness to consumers; it conveys whether the company can be trusted, if it does good business, if it is fair with its clients, and if, indeed, it deserves to conduct business. Damage to a company’s brand, reputation, or both can prove costly, and often the damage can never be completely washed away.
Reputation management is the practice of monitoring the reputation of an individual or brand, addressing contents that are damaging to it, and using customer feedback to get information or early warning signals about reputation problems. Reputation management may attempt to bridge the gap between how a company perceives itself and how others view it.
Prudential Associates is experienced in helping its clients evaluate and mitigate against harmful claims to their brand or reputation. A Prudential Associates consultant is prepared to advise clients on ways to protect themselves against different sources of harm to a company’s brand or reputation, including:
- corporate malfeasance by commercial partners and competitors
- theft, dishonesty, or fraudulent practices by an employee
- corrupt practices by public officials
Some brand and reputation management tactics used by Prudential Associates are:
- Improving the tagging and search engine optimization of company-published materials, such as white papers and positive customer testimonials, in order to push down negative content.
- Publishing original, positive websites and social media profiles, with the aim of outperforming negative results in a search.
- Submitting online press releases to authoritative websites to promote brand presence and suppress negative content.
- Submitting legal take-down requests when clients believe they have been libeled.
- Getting mentions of the business or individual in third-party sites that rank highly in Google.
- Using spam-bots and denial-of-service attacks to force sites with damaging content off the web entirely.
- Proactively responding to public criticism stemming from recent changes.
Also, of potentially significant relevance to any brand and reputation management campaign is our Webscour Internet Threat Detection services. Those services can be an integral part of a comprehensive program. Read more about it here.
A damaged brand or reputation can cost a company real business immediately and in the future. Furthermore, the opportunity costs that a company must deal with when its reputation or brand is damaged are just as bad. Time is a company’s most valuable asset, and wasting time recovering from a damaged brand or reputation because of poor advance planning can result in severe financial ramifications. In today’s economic environment, with tightening regulations in the marketplace, the importance of addressing integrity risk is as real as ever.
Prudential Associates is familiar with the challenges businesses face in a developing market and can help provide insight into how to prevent these brand and reputation damages before they happen. This kind of head start will save your business time and money, and will ensure its legitimacy in the eyes of consumers. We help clients resolve post-transaction disputes and preserve their integrity through any hardships faced in consumer relations or the open marketplace.
For years Prudential Associates’ experts have garnered experience in nearly every sector of the marketplace, ensuring that we are familiar with any and all threats to your organization’s brand or reputation. From strategic planning to in-depth and intelligent investigation, our in-house experts have the expertise and the passion to preserve the integrity of your brand and reputation. We know that your company’s integrity is important to you, and through our comprehensive services you will find it is important to us, too.